Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wise Words

Hello, this is AnnaGrace. I just thought you might like to know that this is not Katelyn...although I am extremely thankful that she lets me hack into her blog and post to my heart's content - or discontent. Hmmm...anyway, I thought I would post some wise words.

"I wish Thy way.
But when in me myself would rise
And long for something otherwise,
Then, Holy One, take sword and spear
And slay." - Amy Carmichael


“Just keep fighting”
So easy to say. 
I am tired. 
I am bowed down
Beneath the weight
Of life. 
The weight 
Of me. 
I am surrounded by others. 
I am painfully alone. 
Life moves, lives, 
Breathes around me. 
The earth swallows me 
In solitude. 
The hard ground 
My pallet. 
Its coldness numbs 
My aching heart. 
My mangled spirit 
Disfigured 
By the brutality of life 
The weight of my weapons 
Renders me motionless. 
I can’t keep fighting. 
All I can do is lie here 
Beneath my shield. 
Being. 
Breathing. 
Living. 
I lie here. 
Not fighting. 
Cast upon the Rock. 
Inextricably entwined 
In His everlasting arms 
In Him, there is no need. 
No need to fight. 
For He has already won. 
The victory is mine.


"O Thou, who art my quietness, my deep repose
My rest from strife of tongues, my holy hill,
Fair is Thy pavillion, where I hold me still. 
Back let them fall from me, my clamorous fees.
Confusions multiplied;
From crowding things of sense I flee, and Thee I hide.
Until this tyranny be overpast,
Thy hand will hold me fast; 
What though the tumult of the storm increase,
Grant to Thy servant strength, O Lord, and bless with peace." - Amy Carmichael

..."to the glory of His name let me witness that in far away lands, in loneliness (deepest sometimes when it seems least so), in times of downheartedness and tiredness and sadness, always always He is near. He does comfort, if we let Him. Perhaps someone as weak and good for nothing as even I may read this. Don't be afraid! Through all circumstances, outside, inside, He can keep me close" - Amy Carmichael

"Bare heights of loneliness...a wilderness whose burning winds sweep over glowing sands, what are they to Him? Even there He can refresh us, even there He can renew us." - Amy Carmichael

No comments:

Post a Comment