Friday, May 17, 2013

Resurfacing

Ahhh, the bliss of not having anything to do. It's been a very long time since I've had this much time off (read: two years), and it has been good for my soul. I hope to write a "law school recap"-type post, or something like that, soon, but in the meantime, I thought you might like to know what I've been up to for the last two weeks.

So, you may ask, what does a recent law school graduate do with the three weeks in between graduation and the start of Bar exam prep?

First thing first: you get a kitty. :) I have been mulling over this idea for several months. You see, I have two months of 6 to 8 hours of studying a day coming up, and I thought it might be nice to have a little company - of the kind that can sit on my lap. :)

Meet Leona:





She spent most of the first three days under the goodwill blanket we got her - she's a little introvert who just needs quiet. :)


She was pretty timid at first - every little sound made her jump, and she was terrified of the big open space in our living room. But after being here for almost two weeks, she's settling in quite well, and letting us know when she needs attention (aka, at 5:45am this morning when she was hungry).

And in case the pictures weren't enough, here's a video:


I've also been doing a good bit of reading. I finally finished my 700-page Alexander Hamilton biography (the one non-president in my presidential biography collection) this week, and moved on to something lighter: "Supreme Courtship" by Christopher Buckley. I've forgotten how wonderful it is to devour a novel in less than three days. :) It was entertaining, though certainly not the best book I've ever read. But I got in on the dollar rack at a used bookstore, and the title was too tempting to pass up.

What has taken up the majority of my time over the past three weeks is cleaning/organizing. With only 1200 square feet, you'd think it wouldn't take that long. But there are lots of TV/kitty breaks to be taken. :) Yesterday, AG and I moved all of our furniture into the other room so we could have a little more space, and I think that's the last big-scale project for a while. We got a second workout in moving all that heavy stuff...

Well, that's about all for now. I'm off to do some more cleaning and tidying up before Jocelyn's graduation festivities commence this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment