Thursday, October 7, 2010

Symphony Update

I received a pleasant surprise today, along with a reminder that people do actually read my blog. I called the Waco Symphony box office to see about getting a student season pass. Despite almost missing the last concert, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and still planned to get my hands on a season pass. My goal was to see if I could count the ticket price for last week's concert towards the student season pass. However, when I explained that I had been to the concert and I wanted a pass, the man on the other end of the phone asked, "Are you Katelyn?" Now, when you move 1000 miles across the country, you do not expect people in your new location to know who you are. However, I responded that I was. It turns out that I was speaking to the Marketing Director for the Waco Symphony. He had seen my blog post, and apologized for the difficulties I had at the box office last week. Then, he offered me a student season pass free of charge! My ticket should arrive in the mail early next week, and you can be assured I will be in my seat for every concert this season.
On that note, the next concert looks especially interesting. It is entitled, "Cirque de la Symphonie," and combines acrobatics with classical music. It looks quite entertaining, and I am curious to see how it turns out (I wonder what music they will pick??).

No comments:

Post a Comment