Thursday, December 9, 2010

Law Prom

No, the title is not a joke...the law school has our very own "Law Prom." And yes, law school does feel like high school at times (I swear - when are people ever going to grow up??). But, as silly as the name may sound, and even though I did get bamboozled into going, I did have a nice time.

Originally I wasn't sure if I was going to go - the event was at a bar...and outside. I realize it's Texas, but it is December! The week before the event, however, I ended up getting accosted by Bri, who told me that I just had to come...and then Laura Kate made me pinky swear...Unfortunately, not even my knowledge of Contracts could get me out of that one. :)

So, come Saturday night, I straightened my hair, put on my favorite purple dress and gold heels, and waltzed off to dinner. It was so wonderful to get out and have a break in the routine. And while our dinner conversation did occasionally relate to school, it wasn't about assignments, but rather the funnier moments - like things our classmates have said, corny law school jokes (which nobody else finds funny), etc.

Some of the CLS girls

The dance was pretty dead when we arrived, though before too long the Christian Legal Society made requests and got the dancing started (which I find kind of ironic). Other than that, there's really not much to report from the dance itself.

Roommates!!
So in case you were wondering...yes, we law students still know how to have fun - occasionally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment