Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sic 'Em Bears!!

Since I went to a very small undergraduate university, I'm trying to soak up all the experiences of a big university while I'm in law school. At least, the ones that seem mildly interesting and which aren't obsolete now that I'm a graduate student.

This past weekend, I went to a football game. In the rain. Actually, it didn't rain the entire game - but the ponchos I purchased from Academy Sports were definitely used - and worth every penny of the $4 I paid.

Here is a picture of us before we got wet - and before the rest of our party arrived. :)


The game was awesome. We were playing University of Texas, and since I have a couple friends who went there, I enjoyed some trash talking via text message during the game. It was very helpful that we were winning the entire game. :)

Other than that, my weekend was pretty laid back. On Saturday morning, I judged an undergraduate moot court competition here at the law school. It was kind of weird to be on the other side of the podium!! The teams were very good...and I ended up just telling them things that my professor had told me for my competition.

Sunday was church, and then in the evening I went to a new community group. Some of the graduate students are wanting to start one that meets every other Sunday night. I'm really looking forward to it - I think it will be a great opportunity to get connected at my new church, and hopefully it will increase the circle of people I know here in town.

The week has gotten off to a rough start, unfortunately. It seems that life has decided to throw me a multitude of curveballs to make things that much more difficult before I head home for Christmas break. I arrived home yesterday afternoon to find out that my flash drive was unresponsive. This little drive had ALL of my notes for this quarter, several projects that were not backed up, and my outlines, etc. from the past year and a half. Needless to say, I spent the next hour and a half calling my Dad, bawling my eyes out, and trying desperately to get the thing to work. Thankfully, I was eventually able to jam it in and hold it at an angle and retrieve everything on it. And I promise I will NOT let this happen again...I just always forget to make duplicates of my files!

This morning, I woke up and my voice was going out. It's currently 5:11pm, and my voice is completely gone, despite the fact that I have hardly talked all day. My throat has been sore since yesterday, so I think it's laryngitis (at least, according to WebMD). The internet said it can last anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. Here's praying that it's closer to the 2 day mark...or less. I've got a big trip to San Antonio/Austin planned this weekend that involves Asian karaoke, and I'd rather not be left sitting on the sidelines. :)

I'm a little scared about what's going to happen tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment