Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wait

This four-letter word has plagued me for the past year. It seems that the Lord is determined to teach me contentment, no matter how painful the lesson is or how much I pretend to have learned it. How I wish that becoming more like Christ was an easy process. Unfortunately, I seem to have to learn these things the hard way.

I truly have intended to be better about blogging this semester - although with nearly three weeks gone, it appears that this "resolution" has already bit the dust. To be honest, one of the main reasons I haven't blogged as much this year is because I just haven't felt like it. Last year, everything was new and, to a certain extent, exciting. This year, the newness has worn off, and I've been faced with the messiness of life. In an attempt to keep my blog from becoming a series of depressing posts, I just haven't written.

Over Christmas break, I was bemoaning my lack of commitment to blogging to Jocelyn. When I said that there just wasn't anything interesting going on in my life (at least, not that I'm willing to share with potentially the whole world), she suggested that I blog about my thoughts.

That didn't sound like a very good idea. Until this week - when suddenly, in the midst of a very stressful weekend, I find myself wanting to blog.

But not about my thoughts (which are still coming at about 50 million miles an hour) - but about some observations on life, and my response to those observations. So, observation #1:

Life is messy. And it throws lots of curveballs. 

And yet, in the midst of the messiness, the presence of Christ is ever stronger. In the midst of the crazy circumstances around me, I find myself at the end of my abilities. It's a scary place to be - especially for a Type A personality like myself. But, it's also a very exciting place to be. My greatest desire is that Christ will continually mold me to look more like Him. 

Now, it's time for the rubber to meet the road. What am I willing to give up so that Christ can do His work in me?

It's a tough question, and I don't yet have a truthful answer, even to myself.

So, here's to to the more personal journey of life - not just the ins and outs of what I eat every day, or what I'm learning in law school (though these are important!).

What I'm thinking about today:

Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?
When wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and my foes, they stumbled and fell.
Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this I WILL be confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment