Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Last week I made pineapple fried rice, AND put it in a pineapple bowl. Sometimes it's just fun to be fancy. :) Unfortunately, I wasn't thrilled with how it ended up tasting - it was kind of bland, so I'm going to have to go back and tweak the recipe (not until the summer). Also, the pineapple ended up being really acidic, so I ended up with a burnt tongue and lips. :( But it looks awesome, doesn't it? :)


Over the weekend, I got to play mommy again. AnnaGrace and I kept Ross for the weekend, which was loads of fun, as usual. :) Minus, however, the part where he woke up crying at midnight. After trying to coddle him for about 5 minutes, I realized that he was crying on purpose to wake himself up (*sigh*). So, I put him on the other side of the bed and ignored him - it worked like a charm! Within 5 minutes, he had calmed himself down to just a pathetic whimper. Clearly, he's an attention-seeker. :)

I started off the weekend by taking Ross to gymnastics. Unfortunately, my camera can't quite keep up with his movements, so half of my pictures ended up blurry. :( I did, however, manage to catch these...



On Saturday, AnnaGrace and I walked Ross downtown to a the Candy Jar Malt Shop. We told him we were going on a walk to get a "treat." It's so much fun to spoil him a little. :)

While we were there, we worked on his French.


And now, I'm back at law school, coming down with a cold and preparing for finals. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? :) I keep consoling myself with the fact that in 10 days, I will 2/3 of the way done with law school and ever closer to moving to Colorado!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment