Friday, February 22, 2013

I am trying something new. With all this time on my hands this quarter, I want to start making bread.

I started out with this bread:


I got the recipe from a friend, and boy is it amazing. You can find the recipe at My New Roots. It is also super easy, gluten free, and full of fiber. I recommend topping it with honey.

I've just started my next adventure in making bread: a sourdough starter.



I came across instructions yesterday, and it looks like it's not too complicated. I LOVE sourdough bread, but I've always been intimidated by it because it requires a starter. Turns out that means putting water and flour in a jar in equal proportions, "feeding" it every so often, and letting it mature for a while. Sounds doable...we'll see how it goes next week when I try to make my first loaf.

Well, that's all the new adventures for now. I'm off to get some lunch and then work on my independent study paper. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment