Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Normalcy

I am happy to report (albeit a little late) that I survived my very first set of law school exams!!! Let me tell you, come Friday afternoon (well, actually Thursday afternoon), I was dying for classes to start, just so that I didn't have to study for exams anymore!!! On Saturday, I actually found myself giddy with excitement because I was reading cases again, instead of staring at outlines, hypotheticals, and charts. :) Now just comes the awful waiting period. Since we started a new quarter so quickly, the professors have something like 6 weeks to turn in our grades. Our Contracts professor, the wonderful workaholic that he is, already has 2/3rds of our exams graded, and will likely have our grades to us next Wednesday (gulp!!). I still haven't figured out whether that's a good thing - while I am curious, at this point, ignorance is bliss...

Thankfully, law professors do have a heart, and they have taken it somewhat easy on us for the first couple days back. I am basking in the somewhat light schedule that comes with the beginning of a new quarter...and trying not to think about the next exam period at the end of January (thankfully I have Thanksgiving and Christmas to divert my attention!!!).

So, in honor of this light schedule, please allow my domestic diva to once again surface. Our water bill every month comes with a newsletter. Because I am a nerd, I scan it for anything that might be interesting. In the last newsletter, I found the following article:

A Holiday Recipe From the WIC Program: Pumpkin Pudding
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cup cold milk
1 cup canned or mashed pumpkin
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
In a medium bowl, beat pudding mix and milk together until well-blended, or about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and cinnamon. Cover and chill before serving.

The great thing about this recipe is that because it's from WIC, it is easy and cheap. Now, usually I am not a huge fan of pumpkin-flavored items (I much prefer peppermint flavorings). However, I was feeling adventurous, and decided to give this recipe a try. WOW!!! The recipe is super amazing. The pudding makes it really sweet, and the pumpkin is not overpowering. I have definitely found my latest fall-inspired dessert. Thankfully, pudding is cheap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment