Monday, April 11, 2011

Polos and Spinach Dip

I love playing pranks on others! In high school, it was toilet papering my Sunday School teacher's yard. In college, it was hanging tennis balls from a friend's door, or short-sheeting my roommate's bed. Unfortunately, law school is not very conducive to pulling pranks...Until today.

Bri absolutely hates polo shirts - most especially on guys. So, what better way to prank her then by enlisting a dozen or so classmates to all wear polos on the same day?? :) The plan worked beautifully...she was oblivious to the trend during Criminal Procedure, but as she slowly figured out that it was a planned conspiracy, her reaction was fantastic.

Now I just have to watch my own back. :)

After school, I headed to the gym for 5 miles on the treadmill. It has been very difficult for me to get back into running after taking time off from the Bearathon. I haven't felt so great, so I have been trying to take it easy and allow my body to heal...but after three weeks, I'm getting tired of making excuses, and ready to do a time trial in preparation for my next goal. I read in "Running Times" this morning that long runs are the way to go when you're feeling burnt out, so I figured I would give it a try. I was really slow today (12 minute miles), but overall I felt good. My goal is to run four days or so this week, and then do a time trial this weekend while I'm in Austin with AnnaGrace. Hopefully having a running buddy will get me moving!

Dinner tonight consisted of spinach dip, a wedge of "Laughing Cow" cheese, pita chips, carrots, and a protein shake. Oh, the joy of being a graduate student!! I am SO excited about going home in three weeks - I need time to regroup and not have to worry about cooking!! :) Next year, I will be better about planning meals...winging it just isn't working out so well.


In other news, I have become a completely nerdy blogger. I find myself dreaming about my next post, or arranging the food on my plate in a visually-appealing way for a picture. :) This is becoming an obsession...

And now, back to outlining and prepping for exams (*SIGH*)...

1 comment:

  1. I wondered why the place mat and napkin were on the table! Ha, you are great!

    ReplyDelete