Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Original title "Tuesday=Loss" New title: TUESDAY = WIN!

HELLO WORLD! Yes, I hacked in and changed the title of this blog post, because in talking to Katelyn, I know for a fact that she had a fantabulous day - she also cheered me up immensely during my "funk" this afternoon. So, in my opinion, Katelyn's day was a win! :) Thank you for reading this hacked paragraph. Now, please enjoy the rest of this post - the part that Katelyn actually wrote.

- AnnaGrace

P.S. I am adding an addendum to this post in an attempt to discern what font is being used - as apparently, according to Katelyn, it is different than the font that follows in the subsequent paragraphs. :) Thank you for your attention. And now, for your regularly scheduled blog post.

Homework? Yeah, didn’t happen today. Spring fever has hit – HARD. I’ve just counted today as a loss, and will work hard tomorrow.

The weather was beautiful today, so when I arrived home I fixed lunch and headed outside to get some sun. I’ve been trying to get a little time out in the sun each day in preparation for a wedding I have coming up. Okay, okay…the wedding is still 2 months away. But I don’t tan well, and I’m going to need every minute of those two months to get beyond the pasty white that my skin is at the moment. And no fears, I’m not pulling 2 hour stints in the sun – I’m just going for a gentle sun-kissed look, not to look like a tomato. : )


I was thankful that none of my neighbors walked past. I felt kind of silly sitting out right next to the sidewalk - but I don't have a yard!

For lunch, I had a sandwich and a big plate of fries. The key to enjoying fries is to have a ton of ketchup on the plate. For dessert, I had a childhood candy – an Airhead!! Westlaw had a table today, and they were giving them out. I was super excited, because I haven’t had one in ages!!!



After lunch, I piddled around, took a nap, and talked to both AnnaGrace and my mother. Then, MaryLou arrived home and it was time for dinner. She found a recipe for a pizza pasta dish in a magazine, so we decided to try it out tonight. It was AMAZING!! I am including the recipe here for your benefit. The recipe originally appeared in “Simple and Delicious.” We tweaked the recipe a little bit, omitting sausage, olives, and mushrooms.



Pizza Pasta Dinner
Serves: 6

2 cups uncooked spiral pasta (we used shells)
½ pound ground beef (we used ground turkey)
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup sliced pepperoni
1 can diced tomatoes, undined
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.

Well, that’s all for now. I’m off to see if I can at least get a little bit of work done before heading to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment