Monday, May 16, 2011

D-Town, Job Hunting, and Summer Fun

On Friday, AnnaGrace and I hit up Dallas with our friend Erin, another South Carolinian who came to Texas for school. She is super awesome, and AnnaGrace and I always look forward to hanging out with her. Apparently she has a friend who is just like me who is also in law school, and Erin is just like AnnaGrace - how cute is that???


We went to the Dallas Farmer's Market. Since it was a weekday, there wasn't a whole lot going on, though there were lots of fruits, veggies, and plants for sale!



Photo courtesy of AnnaGrace Strange ;)
Walking around the plant shop made me want to buy all kinds of things so I can have my own garden!! I've started a collection, but unfortunately my garden will have to stay quite small for the next couple of years until I have my own place with a big backyard! :)

We also hit up several consignment shops and Goodwill - who doesn't love thrift stores?

When we got back, AnnaGrace and I made a lemonade slushie and walked down to the park near her house. One thing I love about Texas is the sky - it's SO BIG!!! For some reason, the sky just looks taller in Texas than it does in South Carolina. Maybe it's because you can see further...

Exhibit A - Large Sky

On Saturday, I spent 2 1/2 hours driving around town looking for a job. I made 10 stops, filled out 5 applications, and dropped off a couple more that I had completed at home. I ended by picking up a Caramel Frappuchino at Starbucks' Happy Hour.

Unfortunately, the job hunt has been more difficult than expected. I have filled out probably around 20 applications (I can't even remember all the places I've applied to!), and have yet to hear back from anyone. What I really want/need (besides to be a Starbucks barista!) is for a family with a couple kids to hire me to be a nanny this summer...I need some children in my life!! I've got some ideas on how to go about finding just such a family, which I implement this week. I will keep you posted! :)

And now....(drumroll please)...exciting news about my blogging plans for the summer!!!

My goal is to post every day (or, nearly every day, depending on how things go). In light of this goal, AnnaGrace and I have made nicknames for each day. We will have a different activity/recipe/movie. So get ready for lots of new recipes, movie reviews, and all-out fun!! :) :) :)

And here are the nicknames:
  • Mimetic Monday
  • Tasty Tuesday
  • Wacky Wednesday
  • Thirsty Thursday (smoothie recipes...NOT alcohol!!) ;)
  • Friday Flicks
  • Saturday Sweets
  • Sunday Spa
Stay tuned for the post about our first "Mimetic Monday"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment