Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Derelict

I finally had a moment to look at my blog, and realized it's been two weeks since I posted last - oops!!! I went to my aunt's house for Easter, and then was busy packing, cleaning, and studying. Or rather, attempting to study, since my motivation was at an all-time low during this set of finals.

So, here's a brief synopsis of the past couple of weeks.

First, there was Easter...

Aren't these cute??? That's real wheatgrass (and yes, it will be in my smoothies soon!)
Jocelyn and I got matching shoes at the outlets on our way up to Dallas. These are also my "Maid of Honor" shoes for a wedding in NC in June. After getting the bride's approval, I gave them a test run on Easter to make sure they are comfortable. :)


Next, was two more finals, followed by a farewell barbeque with law school buddies



Followed by meeting our newest cousin, Jake.

Isn't he adorable???
On Saturday morning, Joy, Joel, Ross, and I piled into the car for a 16-hour drive to South Carolina. The trip actually was not as bad as I anticipated. I think the stress of packing/cleaning/studying made getting in the car seem perfectly dreadful. However, we trucked right along, and made good time - about 16.5 hours, with stops!



Yesterday we went to Greenville for a mini-concert by Laura Story. She is PHENOMENAL!! Not only do I love her music, but her lyrics are quite powerful. Her song "Blessings," has become one of my song kicks lately.

Here is a live video from yesterday...followed by the youtube link so you can hear the rest of it. :)



And the rest of the song...

 

Please notice that she sounds the same in both the recorded version and the live version. I LOVE when this happens!! Seriously, it's quite a rare thing to find, and as a musician, I appreciate when someone possess real talent, instead of just "fixing" the mistakes on a CD.

After the concert, we walked around downtown Greenville for a little bit. I am quite proud of this next shot - I was fortunate enough to snap it just at the right moment!


Of course, Ross is loving all of the attention that he is getting. There is always somebody ready to hold him or laugh at his jokes. And we keep telling him how absolutely adorable he is!! This kid is going to be spoiled rotten...

Today I got to sleep in, which was a good thing, since I was up until 1am! I had a lunch date with Ashleigh, which was fantastic!! She has been doing a lot of subbing, but she had today off, so we went to Panera and spent 2 1/2 hours talking...it is SO GOOD to be home and catching up with people that I haven't seen in forever! Unfortunately, being here also makes me wish a little bit that I had never left...I hate having to say goodbye all over again. But, I'm 1/3 done with my law degree, so I am that much closer to be able to move back permanently! ;)

Tomorrow, we're off to Charleston for the day!! I am super excited...I haven't been there in 2 years!! It promises to be a lovely day, and I am sure I will take tons of pictures, which will of course make their way here. 

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment