Thursday, June 7, 2012

Whirlwind Week

Whew! This week has been crazy. A two-day trip in the middle of the week will do that. :)

First, we're backpedaling to the latter half of last weekend. On Sunday, I had success with the Fort Collins Bike Library. Isn't my bike cute?


I biked just a little over 5 miles down the Poudre trail, then went the opposite direction into town.



Colorado State University has a trial flower garden, so I hopped off the bike and took a little tour. I cannot wait until I have a yard and a garden. I want some of these flowers!! (And yes, I took pictures of the signs with the names, so I can be sure and recreate them at my future home).







On Tuesday, my supervisor and I headed out to Colorado Springs. Over the course of two days, we delivered 38 boxes to Ob/Gyn offices. It's always interesting to see the response we get. Some of the individuals are super interested, ask questions, and seem really excited. Others just sort of stare at you and say, "Okay." I am just praying that the boxes get into the hands of the people who need to hear the information.

On Tuesday, we finished up around 4pm, and headed out to Garden of the Gods to kill time before heading out to Seven Falls. At night, they have lights on the Falls, so we were waiting for it to get a littler darker.



At Seven Falls, we walked up the 244 steps to the top. That was one of the most scary things I've ever done. I hate heights (just looking over a railing on the second or third floor makes my palms start sweating), and these stairs were steep!! About halfway up, I realized that there was no elevator, and I was going to have to come back down them...thankfully, I made it down without any incidents, though I gripped the rail with both hands.



You can barely see the steps on the left side of the picture
On Wednesday, we finished delivering boxes around lunchtime, and then went for a tour at Glen Eyrie. It was built by General Palmer, a railroad man, and is currently owned by the Navigators and used as their headquarters. The building and grounds are gorgeous, and I have already decided I'm going to come back and stay at the Bed and Breakfast someday.







On our way out of town, we visited the Air Force Academy. Unfortunately, I left my ipod in the car, so there are no pictures from that part of the trip. Maybe I'll swing by there on the way out of town so that I can get a few. :)

The biggest excitement of the week was when my supervisor got a call from her ex-husband saying that her daughter had a really bad infestation of lice. I checked my supervisor's head, and she didn't have any, but I bought lice shampoo today just in case. I'm still not sure whether I'll use it tomorrow morning - part of me thinks I should to calm my paranoia (I didn't sleep well last night thinking about them crawling around in my head), but the other part of me just wants to get my $10 back. :)

Well, that's all for tonight. After not sleeping well last night, I need to get myself off for some beauty rest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment