Saturday, June 16, 2012

This post is going to be a little short on pictures, unfortunately. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday in the Denver area delivering boxes. The count is now up to 161 boxes personally delivered!

On Wednesday evening, I went to another cousin's house for dinner. She made ceviche, which is a seafood dish where the fish is cooked by lemon and lime juice. I was a little nervous about it, but I actually really liked it!

On Thursday after work, I headed back to Denver to pick AnnaGrace up at the airport. We were supposed to go camping this weekend, but the wildfire ruined that plan. So, I decided to pick AnnaGrace up at the airport and spending Friday exploring Denver.

Our first stops were the Buffalo Exchange and Deja Blue, two thrift stores in the Denver area. At Deja Blue, I found a Prada purse for $17!! By far the best find I've ever made at a thrift store!! :) The jury is still out on whether I'm going to keep it for myself or try to sell it on Ebay...

After hitting up the thrift stores, we headed to lunch at City 'O City in Denver. It was a great little vegetarian restaurant in downtown Denver, and we were even able to find free 2-hour parking! I had their margerita pizza, which was fantastic.


Next we walked down the street to the Denver Public Library. The building is seven stories tall!! They have a self-checkout, as well as an automated return system that sorts the items by type. Definitely the coolest library I've ever been in!


Today I slept for 12 hours and then spent the day on the patio reading the second book of "The Hunger Games." I needed a day to recharge after all the running around I've done this past week. :) Now it's off to get ready for my trip up to Aspen, Vail, and Breckenridge next week for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment