Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Since I've been at the Supreme Court for a little over a week now, I figured it was time for an update on my life in Austin. Unfortunately, it's not nearly as exciting as my time in Colorado - there aren't any mountains to scale!! :)

Work is going really well. I turned in a draft of my first study memo yesterday to one of the clerks. That was terrifying!!! I had finished a rough draft on Thursday of last week, but then spent a day and half checking citations, re-reading it to make sure it made sense, and checking for typos. I was also putting off turning it in and still moving stuff around. After I turned it in, I went back to my desk and prayed that it would be good enough.

Thankfully, the clerk was really pleased with my work. She said that my writing is good, and my citations were perfect. Thank the Lord!! There was quite a bit of red on the page, but she said it was really good for a first draft, and a lot of things she marked are specific to the Supreme Court or our justice.

They also got me started on another study memo. The cool thing about this one is that it is on a topic that we covered in our first-year writing class. So I'm already a little familiar with the topic. Good choice, Professor Cordon! :) Plus, it's only one issue, instead of three (four? the Petitioner in the previous case just threw everything in the brief hoping it would stick), so hopefully it won't be too bad.

On Saturday, I went for a nice long workout, then hung out by the pool and went grocery shopping. AnnaGrace and I went to see "Brave" on Sunday. As a Pixar film, I was really looking forward to it, but I was actually kind of disappointed. The movie was pretty dark for a kid's film, and it just didn't have the same charm that some of their other movies have had. This may sound weird, but the girl's hair was AMAZING. It was red and curly, and the graphics were phenomenal. I want her hair!! :) (I did a great job of selling this movie, didn't I???).

Hope you had a great Tuesday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment