Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sorry for the long delay (again) in posting. Since my lips must be sealed about work, there's not really a whole lot that I can report. I am really loving my internship. So far I've worked on three projects, plus another small one today. I'm getting exposed to many different areas of law, which is really cool. I need lots of variety in my life to keep it interesting! (And yet, I don't like change...how does that work??)

This past weekend was my birthday. Unfortunately, the one picture that I have is on AnnaGrace's camera, so I don't have access to it. :( It was a wonderful day - we went on a run/bike ride (I rode the bike) and did eight miles. Then we cleaned up and headed to the new Batman movie. It was great!! I really enjoyed it a lot, and I'm hoping that this actually isn't the end of the series...(I won't say anymore so as not to give it away).

On Sunday, my parents came down and took us out to lunch, which ended up being kind of an ordeal. We went to Baris, this cute local Italian restaurant in Waco. I've been there a couple times before, and their food is fantastic! Plus, the portion sizes are huge and the prices are very reasonable (great pluses when you're a student!). Unfortunately on Sunday, Dad's order never came until we were ready to walk out the door. I don't know exactly what happened. At first we thought it was the kitchen's fault, but then two Strombolis came out and went to other people...apparently our waitress wasn't keeping close tabs on it like she should have been. The plus was that we all got a free meal out of it! :) I was really disappointed that my parents' first experience was so terrible...

My parents gave me this super-cute dress, which I promptly wore on Monday, paired with the orange cardigan I picked up at a consignment shop in Aspen. :) Sorry for the bad picture - there's only so much you can do trying to take a picture in a mirror.


Last night, I tried a new recipe. I've got a basil plant that's just been sitting there all summer, minus the one time I made pesto back in May. So I decided that I need to find new recipes that incorporate basil. I had a couple chicken breasts I wanted to eat, so I made Chicken with Lemon Basil Cream Sauce. It was really good!!

I found the recipe on Divine Caroline's website (don't ask me who she is - Google sent me there, and hers was the easiest recipe). However, I did tweak it a little bit.

Chicken with Lemon Basil Cream Sauce

Four boneless chicken breasts
4 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon paprika
Salt/pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter

Combine seasonings with flour and coat chicken evenly. Heat oil and butter. Cook chicken over medium heat for four to five minutes on each side or until cooked throughout. Remove from pan. Wipe excess grease from pan.



I skipped the coating on the chicken because I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. I did sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it once it was in the pan.


Basil Cream Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
Two cloves minced garlic ** I skipped this and the onion because I didn't have any - it tasted fine without it!
3 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice ** I used lemon juice from concentrate
2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
Salt to taste

Combine butter, garlic, and onions in same pan. used for chicken. Cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken stock. Cook two to three more minutes. Add the cream and fresh lemon juice. Cook until sauce thickens a little. Add fresh basil and salt.

Serve the chicken on your pretty platter and top with the cream sauce.

Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment