Sunday, August 12, 2012

HOME!!!

Home, sweet home.

I never thought I would be so happy to return to Waco. But I am. After two jobs 800 miles apart and three different homes, I'm happy to be back in my own little condo with my suitcase unpacked and more than the limited selection of clothes that fit in my suitcase. :) Don't get me wrong - this summer was fantastic! But three months of being a guest in someone else's home makes you realize how wonderful it is to have your own place.

So, what's happened in the last several weeks since I wrote last? Lots...

For one, I moved. Unfortunately, things did not click with the family I was staying with in Austin. Thankfully, my grandmother was able to arrange for me to stay with one of her friends, who was a fabulous hostess! She didn't have internet at her house, though, hence the long delay. She did, however, have lots of Ethiopian food, which made my tummy very happy. :)

Unfortunately, while I LOVED my job at the Court, I think my outside experiences tainted the impression as a whole. I learned very quickly that I have no tolerance for rush-hour traffic in a big city. Living 30 minutes (without traffic) from the office, which turns into 50 minutes one-way, twice a day, is not my cup of tea. Oh, how I longed for the 5-minute drive to the office that I had in Colorado!! Add that to a stressful home life, and I was SOO ready to be out of there! Give me a small town, a 5-minute drive to the office, and a mountain view and I'll be content. :)

For the last two weeks, basically all I've done is worked, worked out, and then booked it home to watch the Olympics until it's far past my bedtime. :) I have become a COMPLETE Olympic junkie. The gymnasts make it look so easy that I'm now convinced I could do the balance beam (even though I have the worst balance in the world). I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow... ;)

I've spent the weekend sleeping in, unpacking, and organizing/cleaning the condo. Yesterday, AnnaGrace and I took a break and went to see "Hope Springs" with Steve Carrell, Meryl Streep, and Tommy Lee Jones. It was really good (and had a great message!), though it was quite a bit more awkward than I had anticipated...I suppose that's what I get for going to see a movie about marriage counseling, huh?

That's all for tonight...gotta get back to the Olympic Closing Ceremonies! :) Pictures and my latest DIY project to come tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment