Sunday, September 16, 2012

3/11

Equals 27% done!!

Or 14 out of 47 days, which equals 33 left.

I prefer the first calculation, because the number sounds so much bigger. :)

This past week I had my first advocacy exercise - Opening Statements. As soon as the schedule came out, I started praying that I would NOT get Powell in my room. Guess who walked in on Wednesday?

Yep - Powell.

My first reaction was a sinking feeling. Did I tell you he gave a memo to a friend of mine on Monday because she didn't know something we haven't learned in class yet? Or that he gave three memos on Tuesday?

The next thing I did was brace myself for a looong session, plus a research project after. Miraculously, no one in the room got a memo. Thank you x a million for all of you who are praying. I have no other explanation for how things went other than the Lord was protecting me.

After two encounters with Powell this week, this is my motto: "All I have need of, His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me."


The Lord also showed me that PC is all a mental game. Everything Powell does is to make us afraid of him, and to put us under so much pressure that we can't think. I can't tell you the freedom I have gained from this realization. Sure, it doesn't make the thought of getting a memo any less irritating. But, I feel this amazing sense of calm. I can only do the best I can do, and if Powell wants to give me a memo, he's going to, no matter what I do. But I can choose not to be afraid and to remain calm under these circumstances. And really, if he can't scare me, what can he do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment