Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Extravaganza

This past week, the desire to do Christmas baking hit hard. Since I'm in school until the 21st this year, I probably won't get to do any at home. Or if I do, it will be after-the-fact Christmas baking, which just isn't the same. So, I designated yesterday as baking day.

We started with ginger cookies. I got the recipe from Oh She Glows. These cookies are delicious, and about as difficult to make as chocolate chip cookies.

You can find the recipe here.


While we rolled the dough into little balls, we watched The Polar Express.




Next it was time for Cookie Dough Truffles. I recently learned about Chocolate Covered Katie. She takes desserts and makes healthy versions that taste just as good. Think homemade Oreos, chocolate pie made out of tofu (this is on my list to make over Christmas), etc. You know me - always trying to find healthy foods that taste good. So I couldn't pass these up...


You wanna know the secret ingredient?


You're probably thinking that's disgusting. But these truffles taste just like cookie dough. They're going to show up tomorrow in little goodie bags on my classmate's desks. I can't wait to see their faces when they learn what's in them...but shhh, don't tell them. I don't want them claiming they can taste the beans. :)

The finished product...


They don't look very good (I need a melon scooper next time), but these suckers make up in taste what they lack in beauty.

The end of the baking session required me to be brave...


Our disposal hasn't been working for the past two weeks or so, and it's been causing the sink to drain very slowly. After plunging it probably 10 times, I decided it was time to stick my hand down there and figure out what the problem was. Good news - I fixed the disposal!! Thank goodness for rubber gloves...it's nasty down in that thing.

We ended the night with a nice face mask. There's nothing better than a little pampering after a busy afternoon. :)


Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment