Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas


The past five days have been a whirlwind. I finished classes on Friday and finished packing and straightening things up in Waco so I could drive up to McKinney on Saturday. As sad as I am to not be going home to South Carolina for break this year, it was nice not to have to rush out to make a flight.

On Saturday night, we all piled into the car to go look at Christmas lights. Dallas doesn't disappoint on this front:

Yes, that sign says, "Tune to 99.9."




There were even some displays that were synchronized to music...


On Christmas Eve, we went to the Gaylord Texan to see their Christmas display.






That evening, we attended a Christmas Eve service and then headed home to fall asleep before Santa arrived!

Christmas Day was a quiet day at home. It snowed all afternoon (see my previous post), which was a wonderful surprise.

And now it's time for me to start weaning myself off Christmas festivities. The week after Christmas is always a bit of withdrawal for me. I just can't quite give up Christmas movies and music yet. :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment