Sunday, December 16, 2012

Home!!

This weekend I got to come home to play for a friend's wedding. Words cannot describe how ecstatic I was to land in Greenville. Looking out at the window, I could see trees and mountains (small ones, but mountains none the less) rather than concrete. So wonderful!!

It was interesting playing in front of people again. I forgot how nervous I get! Plus, since I haven't had much access to a piano, it was a little terrifying. Note to self: make sure to practice more before you agree to do something like this again. Thankfully most of the music was pretty easy, but even the easy stuff feels hard when you feel like you haven't had enough time to practice!

The Hornbuckles were very gracious and let me stay with them this weekend, despite the fact that they had three (and then four) sick kiddos. I was just super disappointed that I could only wave from a distance to the kids! :)

On Saturday morning I went to Gaffney to meet up with Rachel and Ashleigh. I could hardly believe it's been a whole year since I've seen them! Completely unacceptable - another note to self is that I need to visit more frequently (or just move back to this area...).


The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. It was such a surreal feeling...I've only had one really close friend get married, but she was older than I am. Seeing a friend that's two years younger get married was really weird.

Here are a few pictures from the wedding:






And now I'm sitting in the Greenville/Spartanburg airport waiting to fly back to Texas. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment