Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sunday Shenanigans

Around 2am, Sunday morning, we were awakened by the sounds of a raucous party at a neighboring apartment. The next morning, this sight awaited us:


My first thought was, "How did he manage to sleep out here in the heat??" Apparently he didn't sleep too well, because by the time I was back from the gym at 10am, he was gone (despite being up so late). :)

After church, we decided to get make one last outing to cap off a phenomenal birthday week. Our first stop was Recycled Books, one of our favorite places in Denton!! Here are a few of the treasures we found:


A word to those picking wedding music: Please. Step AWAY from the trombone book. Trust me, trombone music at your wedding = NOT cool. Plus, you WILL be judged by any music majors in attendance. :)

So sad because it's not within the budget.
Hurray for more classical CDs!!
Next, we made a visit to Goodwill to drop off some clothes. But of course, you can't go to Goodwill without going in and looking around!! I wanted to peruse the CDs to see if I could find any more Steven Curtis Chapman (I've had quite a bit of luck lately). Instead, I found "The Italian Job" on DVD, and...A SUIT!!!! Since I need some new suits for this next year, I decided to search the rack and just see if there was anything decent. I ended up finding a suit from New York & Company - my FAVORITE store!!! It was in my size, and only $7!!! I seriously love finding deals like this!! Props to my grandpa for giving me this trait. :)


This picture does not do justice to how bomb-digg this suit is, but I'm sure it will make an appearance on the blog in all its glory at a later date. :)

I also discovered this treasure - but opted to leave it in the bin for someone else.


AnnaGrace made what may end up being the find of the YEAR. She picked up a Polaroid camera for only $2!! The jury is still out on whether or not it works, but we're hopeful that it's just the film that was causing the wonkyness.


And finally, FRO-YO!!!! We are both seriously addicted. Since it's been about 3 weeks since we've been, a visit to Yogurt Story was way overdue.




While there, we had an impromptu photo shoot - and ended up with some real winners!!!





1 comment:

  1. Katelyn, I think this is the first blog post that I disapprove of. I am disappointed. Very, very disappointed. I mean, is trombone THAT bad? I think I'm going to bring my trombone back to school this year and try to convince you that the trombone is a great instrument. ESPECIALLY at a wedding :)

    ReplyDelete