Friday, July 1, 2011

A Week of Weirdness

This past week was one of the strangest I have encountered in a long time. In the midst of some serious awesomeness - I BOUGHT A MAC!!!! - there were some very stressful and painful moments. There were two family pet deaths, a grandmother in the hospital, and the shocking death of the family member of a best friend.

It all started on Monday when AnnaGrace and I headed to the Apple store in Plano to pick up her Mac and purchase mine. I don't know how I survived this long without a Mac. Although I haven't had much of a chance to play around with it, the detail on this machine is INCREDIBLE!!! The trackpad has got to be one of the best inventions ever. I'm going in today to have all my files transferred, and I can't wait to start really playing around with my new computer!!

While we were out and about, I managed to finally find a toe ring that I liked. Check it out - aren't I cool?? :)



Unfortunately, our wonderful shopping trip took a little bit of a downturn when I completely fell into a funk. I think it was the combination of not enough protein/frustration with not being able to find a birthday gift/having technology issues. It was really weird, though...I felt completely irritable and nasty, and yet I couldn't quite put my finger on why. Thankfully, a discussion of Tozer and some time spent in prayer re-adjusted my attitude. It's never pretty seeing the nasty side of one's self!!

On Tuesday, I got a call from one of my best friends whose brother died in an accident on Monday. It was by far the worst phone call I have ever received. My heart broke at her grief, and at the fact that I can't even be there for her. I don't think I have ever felt so helpless.

Yesterday was Ross' birthday, so the week ended on a more happy note as I went over to Joy and Joel's house for a birthday dinner.




And with that, I'm off to get ready for work! I promise that next week I'll get back into the routine of blogging on a more regular basis...

No comments:

Post a Comment