Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm Baaaack!!!!

Geez...it feels like I have been back in Texas forever. And yet, after a whole week back, I still haven't quite managed to get going again. Disruptions to my schedule are always a dangerous thing. I start spending inordinate amounts of time on the computer, sleeping in waaay too late, and generally being a lazy bum. However, I'm starting to finally come around and get myself moving again. Making myself get up at 6:30am has been the most difficult part of transitioning back, but the longer days that result are well worth it! I've already finished a 2-mile run, 40 minutes of pilates, a video project, and now I'm uploading pics and wrapping up other loose ends on my to-do list. Ahh, the joys of a productive Saturday!! :)

Alright, enough about my scheduling habits. This past week has been a whirlwind, so I'm just going to share highlights. Thankfully, the trip back to Texas went smoothly (at least for me - AnnaGrace got delayed again!!). I sat by an adorable old man on my flight to Memphis, who shared with me all the details about how computer chips are made, how plane wings works, and air travel navigation. :)

On Wednesday, I had to make a trip down to Waco to get something from the condo. It was weird making the drive...especially considering I don't have to be done there for another month and a half at least!! While we were there, AnnaGrace and I had lunch with Sara at George's. Their Southbound fries are the best!!! They are what originally got me interested in creating a french fry recipe. Unfortunately, I have yet to come close to their winning seasoning!!

We drove into Dallas on Thursday to see Erin again, and met her friend Sarah, who just finished law school! It was really awesome to talk to her about what she is doing, and get some advice. I feel like a sponge - I'm trying to soak up as much advice as I can, and then filter it all through my goals and priorities. It's tough work, but I'm hoping it pays off!! I guess we'll have to wait to find out...

Since the weather has been soo hot, I've been doing very little running. Even if I'm out the door around 8:30am, the humidity is so awful, my body feels like concrete by mile 2. Thus, my workout schedule has changed into doing lots of pilates, with the occasional run when I whip up the nerve. I've also accompanied AnnaGrace on the trail for a couple of her long runs. Hurray for 16 miles on the bike! It's amazing how much easier even an 8:30 mile is when you have wheels. :)


Well, that's all for now!! I need to get lunch and do some vacuuming before I head off to work. Only 7 days left!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment