Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lazy Days

Sleeping in until 10am tends to make a day go by very quickly. Hence, Tuesday felt like only half a day. I blame the 16-mile trail run/ride on Monday for our extreme tiredness. :)

Despite losing the morning, we were at least semi-productive yesterday. I've been meaning to put together a goodwill bag for some time now, so yesterday we tackled our closets.






That's my Goodwill pile - pathetic, I know...but I don't have all of my clothes here.

And...the finished product!!



For dinner, we tried a new recipe from "Vegetarian Times." I have been craving pasta for the past couple of days, and this recipe hit the spot!! I think next time I will cut back a little on the garlic and the mint - both AnnaGrace and I were tasting them for some time after we finished!!

Sorry for some of the wonky measurements - the original recipe served 9!!! In order to avoid leftovers coming out of our ears, I cut the recipe by two thirds.

Next time I make this I will up the broccoli to 1 cup. I will also make some extra to put mix in with the pasta.


Bow Ties with Broccoli Pesto
Originally in Vegetarian Times
Servings: 3

2/3 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. (??) mint leaves (we used fresh ones, so we just eyeballed it)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 large garlic clove, peeled
4 oz. farfalle pasta (again, I just eyeballed how much pasta I wanted to cook)

Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook broccoli in broccoli in boiling water 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove with slotted spoon. Keep the broccoli water! Rinse the broccoli under cold water.

Pulse broccoli, parsley, oil, mint, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic in food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

Cook farfalle according to package directions in broccoli cooking water. Reserve 1 Tbsp. water before draining. Toss farfalle with pesto and pasta cooking water (add the water in as necessary).


Both AnnaGrace and I really enjoyed this recipe. In total, it took less than 30 minutes to make. The garlic and mint were pretty strong, but the mint gave it a nice refreshing taste. You could also add chicken for protein. We had a little extra pesto, so I am going to marinate some chicken in it for next time. This is definitely going in my meal rotation!

We had lots of fun eating this pasta...:)


Now I'm off to get ready for a day in Fort Worth. Check out all the free things there are to do!! This evening, I have orientation for my job with the Ft. Worth Symphony, so we're making a day out of it and playing around in Ft. Worth. We're going to hit up the Kimbell Art Museum and try to see the Cattle Drive. Apparently there is a cattle drive twice daily in downtown Ft. Worth!! Ahh, Texas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment