Monday, May 28, 2012

Here, There, and Everywhere

Wow! The rest of last week and this weekend have flown by. This was in part do to my day and a half trip back to Texas. I left Thursday afternoon and flew into Austin for my Supreme Court orientation on Friday. A girl from Baylor who is also interning at the Supreme Court picked me up and hosted me at her place for the night. She was super hospitable, and we had a really great time!

I have decided that Southwest is my new favorite airline. About an hour or so before I left Loveland, I got an email from them saying that my flight to Austin was delayed by 30 minutes. I still left pretty early, though, because I was afraid the pilots would make up time and I would miss my flight. Plus, I love the fact that you get to pick your own seat! I got an aisle seat both ways. :)

The orientation on Friday went really well, and I went to lunch with my Justice's staff attorney, two clerks, and the other three interns (the Justice had a conflict on Friday so he wasn't able to come). We had a really nice time, and I am looking forward to being there in July! Minus the Texas heat, of course.

On Saturday, my cousins took me four-wheeling up in the mountains. It was so much fun!!! Here are a few pictures of our time up there.







Yesterday, we skipped church because Laura wasn't feeling well, so I took the boys to the park for about two hours. It was a lot of fun - they are so adorable!!! I have missed babysitting, and so I am thoroughly enjoying having these guys around.





Today I decided to check out the bike library. Unfortunately, it was closed for Memorial Day. :( But I did spend time walking around Old Town Fort Collins, which is really cute. I also got a free bath bomb, because there is a bath shop that had their grand opening this weekend. Here comes a sweet-smelling bath! :)

This is the Old Town Square in Fort Collins, which is lined with shops and restaurants:



On the way up to Fort Collins, I stopped at Goodwill. I haven't been very impressed with the clothing selection at this Goodwill or the one in Loveland, but I did fine five CDs!! Three Bethany Dillon, a Billy Joel, and a Natasha Bedingfield - not bad for a Goodwill!! I also found a skirt and a top - and all of this only cost me $17! :)

My best purchase of the day, however, came when I went to Jax, a local outdoor store. It's kind of like Mast General Store in Greenville. I needed to get a fleece jacket, because I have been cold countless times since I've gotten here. I was able to find a blue North Face jacket for only $40 (half off). I made sure to snatch it up quickly and not set it back down so nobody else could get it. :) Of course, I'm sure that since I've bought a fleece, it won't be cold for the rest of my time here. But I used it this afternoon while we were sitting in the shade, so I'm sure it will come in handy.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment