Saturday, May 12, 2012

Roadtrip - Day 2


 Sorry for the delay in posting – I haven’t been able to get the internet set up yet at my new place, so I haven’t been able to post for the past two days. Thank goodness for Starbucks and free wi-fi!! 



On Thursday we didn’t have as far to drive, so Jocelyn and I took time to do some sight-seeing. Our first stop was Garden of the Gods, thanks to a recommendation from Dad. It’s a bunch of rock formations, and it was gorgeous! There were also quite a few rock climbers out, which made Jocelyn very jealous.


Can you see the kissing camels?


This was the view all the way up the freeway!




Next, we were off to Focus on the Family to visit Whit’s End. For those of you who grew up listening to Adventures in Odyssey, you know what I’m talking about – for those of who haven’t, it’s a kid’s radio program that comes on every Saturday. It’s wonderful!! They have a soda shop downstairs, and a three-story slide. Since we’re both under 5’9”, we were able to go down it. So naturally, we did. J

Hanging out with Eugene

Going down the slide!!

Whit's Office

Someday, I will work here


We got the Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod (World Famous Chocolate Soda), which was delicious. It’s chocolate fudge ice cream, club soda, and chocolate syrup. I’m definitely going to try and recreate it.



Yesterday morning I went to the office to introduce myself and learn my way around. I already like the people I’m going to work with! They cleared out a storage room so I have my own office (with a window!) and a desk that they set up with pencils and pens, paperclips, chocolates, and notebooks. They also gave me a work email!!! I know that’s nerdy, but it’s the little things in life that bring some of the greatest joy. J I am going to try and take pictures on Monday so that you can see my work space.

Once I finished at the office, Jocelyn and I packed sandwiches and headed up to Rocky Mountain National Park to try and do some hiking. Unfortunately, it was super cold yesterday (I’m sorry to say that Texas has made me a wimp in regard to cold weather!), so we didn’t get out of the car for more than five minutes at a time. However, it started snowing pretty hard while we were driving up there, which was awesome! Even though it didn’t stick, it was more than we saw all year in Texas.

Unfortunately, since it was cloudy, we weren’t able to see much once we got up into the mountains – as you can see below, it was just a wall of white. However, there were some great views on the way up and back down. We even saw elk!!



SNOW!


This is what our view should have been...

This is what our view was




So, its official: I am moving to Colorado as soon as I’m done with law school. Now I just need to find a law firm that will hire me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment