Monday, November 12, 2012

A Great Start

This quarter has started off wonderfully.

For starters, I had an awesome new outfit to wear to school today:


The top and pants came from Gap. On Thursday, I got $119 worth of stuff for only $44.50. I had seen the orange pants two weeks ago, and was anxiously awaiting the day I could use my 40% off coupon. Thankfully, they were still there! It was even cold enough to wear my puffer vest today! I literally went from wearing shorts last week to a puffer vest today...

Second, Gertrude hit 200,000 miles today! It's a little ridiculous how excited I am about this fact. She's been a wonderfully reliable car - and here's hoping I can get at least another 50,000 miles out of her!



Third, I got to start my morning with Professor Featherston in "Administration of Estates." The class is all about fiduciary duties, probating wills, and managing trusts. I am SO EXCITED about this class. Being away from these types of classes has made me realize how much I really do want to be working in this area of the law. Now if I can just find a small estate-planning firm tucked away in the mountains, I will be one contented newbie lawyer come next August. :)

Fourth, I did not have to see "The Mean One" today during PC. :)

Fifth, we got our big trial assignments today, and I did not get the Titanic case (a massive case with tons of parties that drags on for multiple days). Plus, our opposing counsel seem like nice people, so hopefully they will make the process go smoothly.

Finally, I thought we had a double session today (and the rest of the week), but we did not. Apparently there's not one tomorrow, either, since we haven't gotten a reading assignment. That meant I could go home at lunch, and I got an extra two hours of time added to my day!

There are lots of things to be thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment