Friday, November 9, 2012

Little Goodnesses

It is done. This quarter is over. And, Lord willing, I will never again have to sit in PC 1 and PC 2. Only three months stands between me and never having to see these professors ever again.

After the exam, I went for a quick mile and a half run. I finished in 13:48!!! My shins are still bothering me, so I'm trying to take it easy, but the very slow progress this fall has me frustrated. After two runs this week, I'm feeling like I am actually making progress, which is very encouraging. Even though it's taking me a while to build up the mileage, I'm doing it at a faster pace - my next 5K will be a PR! Here's hoping that this next quarter will be less stressful, leading to more progress. :)

On my run this afternoon, this Kari Jobe song came on. In a way, I feel like it's a good summary of my quarter. I have been brought to my knees many times this quarter. But each time, I've come to experience Christ in a new and more beautiful way.


Also, this verse came to mind:

Psalm 27: 13: "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

I have seen the goodness of the Lord this quarter. Even in the little things - like not getting called on when I was unprepared, or getting an encouraging text message, or AnnaGrace cooking me dinner.

So, look for the little goodnesses of the Lord. They are there, if you're really looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment