Monday, August 23, 2010

God is Good…ALL the Time

First off, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all the people who were praying for me today. I could definitely feel the prayers! It’s amazing – last week, before I had even started classes, I was on the verge of a panic attack, and this morning, I felt quite confident walking into class. At lunch, I checked my email, and had a note from a guy that I went to church with in Spartanburg. Apparently I am on page 7 of the church directory, which was his page to pray for today. He took the time to not only pray for me, but to email me and let me know that he had. Additionally, he enclosed a Bible verse, which is SO appropriate for today (not to mention the rest of my life):

“A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” - Proverbs 16:9

Talk about a huge pick-me-up in the middle of the day!!

Today my class load included Civil Procedure, Torts (I think I’m going to love this class!), and Contracts. Basically, I went from learning about the procedure of a lawsuit, to talking about battery (hitting people over the head with glass bottles and shooting them!), and then on to Assumpsit, or Breach of Contract. Quite the exciting day! For my homework, I had to write an actual contract…about a comic book! We were assigned a partner, and had to negotiate for the purchase of a “Vintage Kiss Marvel” comic book. Both of us received an Ebay ad, and then we got either a “Buyer’s Facts” or “Seller’s Facts.” It has turned out to be quite the interesting assignment! We’ll see how well our document holds up tomorrow in class…

Well, that’s all for now – more homework to finish!

Happy Thought of the Day (or just Nerdy Thought of the Day): I am 1/420th of the way done with my law degree!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment