Monday, August 16, 2010

The Texas Heat is Killing Me…

Yes, I knew that Texas would be hot. However, I assumed that since Texas is less humid than South Carolina, I would be okay. WRONG! People were right – when the temperature goes above the triple-digits, the humidity doesn’t matter anymore. It’s just hot! The good news is my air conditioning works well, and I am virtually settled in my new condo…complete with a little balcony!
My condo is in the perfect location – 5 minutes from all the shopping a girl needs. The condo community is nice and quiet, though unfortunately I haven’t met any of the neighbors yet (you don’t see many people walking around in 104 degree weather!). The streets in Waco seem to loop around in strange directions, but I have oriented myself enough that I can at least find Target, HEB (the local grocery store), and of course, the law school. For all the grief I have given Waco over the past couple of months, it is actually bigger than I expected. We even have a Target Greatland (beat that, Spartanburg!). :)
Well, now it’s off to fix dinner (Mom isn’t here to cook anymore!), and get started on my first assignments (ahhh!!!). Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. I especially love your wonderful Goodwill store! I could shop there every day!

    ReplyDelete