Friday, February 11, 2011

Off the Deep End

My new obsession with green monsters has caused me to start throwing all sorts of things into the blender. Since you can't taste the spinach, I wondered, what other vegetables might you be able to throw into a smoothie? So today, I decided to try and make my own version of V8 juice. It actually turned out quite well. Here is my ingredient list:

Orange juice
Tomato
Cucumber
Carrot
Strawberries

On my second batch, I threw in a little spinach, too. :) And, I even got my roommate, who has been teasing me about drinking "grass," to go for it!!

However, don't worry - I am not being a complete nut. I have no plans of ditching chocolate or any unhealthy foods anytime soon. I just like coming up with new creations!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but as promised, here are my favorite Super Bowl commercials.

1. Volkswagen "Darth Vader" - CUTEST COMMERCIAL EVER. I love the kid's reaction when the car turns on. I seriously hope I have a kid like this (and a husband willing to play along). :)



2. Coke "The Siege" - Okay, so I am a complete nerd, but I mainly love this commercial because they use classical music in the background! :) BTW, it's Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture."



3. Coke "Soldiers" - Handel's Sarabande from the D minor keyboard suite. :)



Nothing else very exciting going around here - the moot court competition starts February 21st, so life will probably be crazy the next couple of weeks.

Spring Break Countdown: 3 WEEKS

No comments:

Post a Comment