Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thanksgiving in February

One of my classes on Thursday got cancelled, so I only had class from 10:30-11:35am (oh the joys of only one class!!). I figured it was a great opportunity to try out a new breakfast recipe I found on Oh She Glows: Sweet Potato Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole. Just looking at the pictures made my mouth water.

This recipe was a very good life choice. I enjoyed it with pumpkin spice coffee and pretended like it was Thanksgiving all over again. :)

You can find the recipe here: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/02/22/sweet-potato-oatmeal-breakfast-casserole.

I did make a couple changes to the recipe - instead of maple syrup, I used honey, and I increased it to between 3 and 4 Tbsp. I think brown sugar would also work well. We don't have pecans, so I substituted almonds, which was also successful.

Here's my version:






My classmates were very jealous... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment