Saturday, February 12, 2011

Okay, so my blog has been quite devoid of pictures recently. However, I have several to share that will fix that problem.

Here's the "gang" after our snowball fight...




This is my homemade juice that I mentioned yesterday. Doesn't it look delish??? :)

And finally, I have a little bragging to do, if you'll indulge. :)

Today, I became a "real" runner. The Bearathon is coming up exactly 5 weeks from today - my first half marathon!! I ran 12 miles today along the actual route, to prepare for the killer hills contained within Cameron Park. I will admit, one of the "long hills" got the best of me, and I took a walk break for the second half. Since I took last week off, though, and this week a little easy, I figured it was okay.

And now, to convince you I'm really crazy - I came home and got into a tub of ice water.  My knees were quite painful for the last two miles, so I was hoping to head off the achiness that I feel after each of my long runs. While the experience was quite painful for the first 2 minutes or so, by the 5-minute mark I was able to breathe normally again, and was adjusting to the new "normal" temperature. :) Although I was quite cold for awhile afterward, it made a huge difference in how sore I feel today. My knees have been giving me a little bit of trouble, but they are not nearly as bad. Additionally, the rest of my legs feel a little tight, but not bad at all.

Here's my stash of "goodies" to get me through the experience. :)


So, now that I've taken the leap from just ice packs to ice baths, I can officially consider myself a CRAZY runner, right??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment