Monday, March 21, 2011

Dreams of Spring Break

Thankfully, today wasn't too bad. My Property professor was sick (is it terrible that I was relieved to hear class was cancelled, even though she was sick??), so I only had two classes, and I was able to come home for lunch. I know we will have to make it up later, but making this week easier is more important at the moment. As my last farewell, I am wrapping up with some highlights over the last couple days (aside from the Bearathon!).

First things first: the fry recipe that I have been promising for over two weeks!! I still haven't been able to develop a spicy fry recipe that I like. The last batch was the best, but I only managed to eat one because they burned my mouth so bad! :) Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures (I was too busy eating them!!), but here is the recipe!!

To Kill a Mockingbird Seasoning
(kudos to the person who figures out the connection between the name of the fries and the movie! And thanks to AnnaGrace for the idea!)
  • 1 tsp. dill
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Fries
Combine the seasonings in a gallon-size plastic baggie. Pour in the desired amount of fries (I usually make enough for two small servings), and shake!! Bake according to the package directions.

Last Thursday, AnnaGrace and I headed to the undergrad campus for a long-overdue jam session. We played through one of the movements of Dvorak's Four Romantic Pieces, the Mozart Clarinet Concerto, the Rachmaninoff Vocalise, and a Brahms violin concerto. We were having so much fun that we lost track of time and missed CLS!! Oops...



Thursday night we headed out for a short walk, since I didn't feel like running (I chalk it up to tapering before the big day!).
Let us out!!
Here is a little video from our walk, too. :)

While Joy and Joel were in town, they stocked up on Baylor gear. Check out the cutest lil' fan!






Yesterday afternoon I made one last use of AnnaGrace's amazing new blender to have a Chocolate Peppermint Patty Green Monster. Yes, this is another Oh She Glows recipe - I told you I am addicted!! To make it chocolate, just add dark chocolate cocoa powder to her recipe. YUM!!! I also got to use some mint leaves off of my new mint plant! I think my next addiction might be gardening...

Looks disgusting, but is oh-so-wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment