Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What is a Rabbit Trail?

By not explaining to you the title of this post, I'm going off on a rabbit trail. :) Or rather, make that lots - because this is a really random post. Now that you've been warned (uh-oh...the lawyer in me is beginning to make disclaimers), let's begin.


Over the past two days, I have been able to re-immerse myself as a music student, pretending that I do indeed belong in a classroom talking about Beethoven, Schoenberg, and period instruments from Schubert's day. Thankfully, I have managed to retain a portion of my music knowledge, so I haven't been completely lost! :)

At the bus stop!
On the way home - do you think we will run out of funny faces before the end of the week??
When we got home yesterday afternoon, I went for a quick 5-mile speed workout. I am now convinced that getting enough sleep is essential to having a successful training plan. Over the past couple of weeks, I have had trouble hitting the times listed on my training plan. I've basically just been doing the miles and have thrown the mile splits out the window. Yesterday, however, I felt like a completely new person - the weather was beautiful, there was new scenery, and I felt so fast. It was so refreshing to feel like a capable runner once again!

To reward myself for a successful workout, I decided to try my hand at some seasoned french fries. This time I opted for sweet potato fries. The recipe still needs some work. The recipe just lacked depth. Sorry, but I don't know how else to describe it! :) I will keep working and report back once I have a successful recipe. Although on second thought, maybe I will keep the recipe to myself and sell it!! (Just kidding!)

Not the final recipe - don't try this at home! :)


Yes, I even put ketchup on sweet potato fries...
Well, that's all for now...I should go do some homework, considering that I've done hardly anything over the past two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment