Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One quick note: yesterday's title referred to our dinner Sunday night. Sorry to keep you hanging. :)

Here are a few more highlights from the past couple of days. Yesterday morning I made Carrot Cake Oatmeal for breakfast (another great recipe from Oh She Glows!). I really enjoyed it, though I used brown sugar as a sweetener, and added more than the recipe called for.






After school, we headed to the gym for a 4.5-mile run. Hurray for tapering!! Although, I had a sad moment this weekend when I realized that after this week I won't run for another week or two. It's so wonderful to hit markers that make one realize, "I am a real runner!!" :)


After the run, we were both pretty hungry. Another order of fries was on the menu, as was broccoli with cheese and a Mocha Berry Frappuchino.

Dinner, graduate student style.





Here is the recipe for my frappuchino, modeled after the "Coffiefied Green Monster."


  • 8 oz. chilled coffee (I used chocolate truffle flavor!)
  • 2 handfuls spinach
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
  • 2 handfuls frozen berries
  • 10 pieces of ice
  • 3 Tbsp. Splenda
  • 1 Tbsp. cocoa
  • Dash of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup
Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend!! I recommend putting the banana and coffee in first, and then adding the other ingredients last. Add the frozen berries last, as this will make the smoothie thick and difficult to blend if you do them first.

This is a great way to get your coffee, fruit, and vegetables! It doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment