Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Second Day of (Spring) Summer

Texas weather is CRAZY. 

Two weeks ago while I was on spring break, I was dying for the weather to be warm enough to wear shorts. Unfortunately, highs were in the mid-60s to low 70s, which didn't work out quite so well. The few days I tried, I usually ended up quite cold. :(

However, fast forward two weeks, and the heat is about to kill me. Granted, we don't have the A/C on in our condo. So, at the current moment, the inside temp is 80 degrees (and feels much warmer), while the outside temp is 79 degrees. I am going to try to hold off on the A/C as long as possible, but with a forecast of 90 degrees for Saturday, the spike in my electricity bill is likely to come sooner rather than later.

Now, let me clarify: I am happy that it is finally warm enough to wear shorts. However, I do miss the gradual temperature shift which South Carolina so wonderfully offers. Additionally, the 20-degree shifts in temperature from one day to the next can be quite irritating.

I guess I am just not meant to be a Texan. :)

In other news, I officially started my countdown clock to summer on my iGoogle page this evening. GUESS WHAT?!?!?! It's only 39 days away!!! Or, 915 hours, 40 minutes, and 30 seconds. :) Can you tell I'm excited???

Now if I can just find a job...

And on that note, here is my Bible verse of the day:

Psalm 20:7
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." 

 I am replacing "chariots" and "horses" with "jobs" and "internships." :)

P.S. I am trying "overnight oats" for the first time tonight!! Or rather, I will be trying them in the morning!! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment